Monday, March 29, 2010

March of the Malabrigo

The Malabrigo FOs continue to march through March....

FO: Whoville
Yarn: Malabrigo worsted merino in Pollen and Sweet Grape
Pattern: Improvised, see details below
Needles: US 10 1/2 bamboo circs

When I first started this project, I thought it has a certain Seussish quality-- something about the combination of the colors, the stripes, and the ruffles. As I knit on, I thought perhaps the stripes had an H&M type look to them, but the name of the project remains true to my Seuss instincts.

I cast on this cowl after reading Sundara's blog post on her version of the Chevron Scarf, which is in garter instead of stockinette. I adapted her pattern notes to be knit in the round, and adjusted gauge for worsted weight yarn.
If you would like to make your own, cast on 96 stitches on 10 1/2 needles, join in the round.
Rounds 1-3: K all stitches
Round 4: K2tog 8 times, K1M1 8 times

For my color pattern, I knit the first 4 rounds in purple, then began to alternate my color every two rows. I ended with 4 rounds in the yellow. Any fun variation of stripes would work! I chose mine based on yarn available for the project-- a great way to stash bust some odds and ends. I used less than half a skein of each color.

FO: Professor Plum
Pattern: Meret by Woolly Wormhead (free pattern on her blog)
Yarn: Malabrigo worsted merino in Sweet Grape
Needles: US 8 bamboo DPNs

I made this little number for my sister, upon her request for a slouchy beret. I chose this pattern because the lace was simple and pretty. I am not a huge fan of fussy hat knitting. I am really pleased with the way this turned out, and will probably knit another 'cause I am boring like that.



By far the prettiest crown shaping I have ever knit up. This pattern is definitely a keeper.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

love all the malabrigo! must get more...