Monday, July 26, 2010

Summer in the City

Taking a break from some lovely Silk Road cashmere to bring you another neglected FO post. Here is the market shawl, knitted with two skeins of light, itch-free yarn, perfect for your walk on the beach in gale force winds! I find myself knitting scarf after cowl after scarf after cowl, but this city is perfect for knitted accessories of all weights, thicknesses, and fibers. San Francisco attire requires layering, as a cold day can turn into a hot afternoon if the fog lifts. My next couple FO posts are some summer scarves and shawlettes I have been using a lot in all types of weather.


FO: Market Shawl
Pattern: Sunday Market Shawl by Vanessa Carter (free pattern!)
Yarn: Adagio, Scackel Collection, Inc., colorway 4, 2 skeins, 220 yards total
Needles: US 10.5 bamboo circs

70% Llama, 30% silk-- soft, cuddly, light, and warm. Perfect for unpredictable San Francisco weather in summer when wool is too hot but the icy breeze is a bit much for a bare neck. This yarn also blocked very nicely, creating a perfect drape with no curling at the edges. I also love the color of this yarn, it makes all of my boring grey shirts look a little more fun!




Morocco. I can't wait to go back.

No comments: