Monday, April 13, 2009

Odessa Hat

FO: Odessa
Pattern: Odessa, by Grumperina
Yarn: Rowan Cashsoft DK
Needles: US 5 Bamboo DPNs


I loved this yarn and this pattern. Quick, easy, and attractive. Unfortunately, the tight beanie style hat does not flatter my large, egg-shaped dome. I think this hat will eventually make its way to the Ukraine, to grace the head of a 4 year old cousin of N's.

I hope to knit this again, with a chunkier yarn. I used the DK yarn called for in the size called for. I think a chunkier yarn and a slightly larger, slouchier Odessa would look better on me.

The yarn is springy and works up very nicely in this pattern. My K2Togs on the decreases became quite pronounced--raised up. I could not get them to smooth down while knitting, or in the blocking process.




Hellllooooo handsome:

2 comments:

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

Beautiful color and knitting. And cute puppy - I so love dogs.

jess said...

My head is famous. Except it looks lopsided.