Monday, June 15, 2009

FO: Cornflower Beret

I know its a bit early to be talking Christmas, but I am a bit of a slow knitter, and as the holidays ramp up, I don't do a ton of knitting. Here is my first Christmas FO!

Cornflower Beret

Pattern: Last Minute Purled Beret by Wendy Bernard (free pattern!)
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted Merino in Cornflower
Needles: US 9 bamboo DPNs

I knitted this pattern as directed, in the smaller size. The beret came out a bit less slouchy, as I subbed worsted weight in for Aran weight yarn. This is not altogether bad, since N's grandma seemed to want a not too slouchy beret.


She saw my megahuge Star Crossed Beret, and commented that she would like one that was smaller, and less bright. I found a gorgeous more muted blue, in the same Malabrigo worsted, and a less slouchy pattern. I think it will get the grandma stamp of approval. I really enjoyed the subtle variegation in the Malabrigo. In some skeins there isn't much variation, but this one has a really nice blend of blues in it.


Thanks to N for the after-work photo shoot on our roof :) I re-organized my stash last night from a bunch of disparate tote bags to two large rubbermaid boxes, and he was slightly stunned that I had so much yarn. Personally, I was impressed it fit into one large and one small rubbermaid box. Different perspectives....

2 comments:

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

It looks great. I love knitting berets... they always feel like a fast and easy knit.

Unknown said...

I love your new, shorter hair! I just took a lace class today that I found a bit difficult, but what else is new.