Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New Stash Resolution

I am happy to report that my yarn diet is over, and I am back on the buying wagon! I haven't bought any yarn in longer than I can remember. It was back when Kristina and I went in on an online sock yarn order together at least 5 months ago. Around September, I vowed no more new yarn until 2009. Well folks, I made it. And here are my rewards:


Cascade 220 in a chocolate heather, for a second Boy Hat. Purchased at Imagiknit in San Francisco.

Malabrigo's new lace yarn, in a delicious cashmere blend, purchased at Imagiknit. I think it was a sample sale for select retailers-- I could not find this blend on the Malbrigo website. I am head over heels for this unique colorway. On top of that the yarn in lush, soft, and so warm. I hope to use it to make my first lace shawl, which is one of my 2009 knitting goals.

Classic Elite Yarns' Lush in a SUPER SOFT angora wool blend. Purchased at Imagiknit in San Francisco. This will become a cute hat for moi. Most of my hats are worthy for the slopes, but not the streets. I am looking for a pattern that will look cute with my pea coats and winter outerwear. I see cables in the future here.
Mirasol's Sulka, a silk based yarn at a very reasonable price (just $7 per skein), from Knitterly, in Petaluma.


Malabrigo merino worsted in Bobby Blue, from Knitterly.

My yarn buying diet may be out the window, but I do have a new stash resolution for 2009. For every new stash enhancement I buy, something must have recently left the stash, preferably in the form of FO. If I am not using my stash (and therefore not knitting!) no new yarn comes in.



The last new item in my stash is a gorgeous skein of Dream In Color Smooshy, in Chinatown Apple. I have been coveting this colorway for months of yarn dieting. Kristina brought it to me this weekend as a Christmas/congratulations on school present. I LOVE IT! Thank you again, Kristina. Miss you already!

3 comments:

Kristina said...

love the new yarns! now make something delicious.

wish we could have had more knitting time... because 4-5 hours a day just wasn't enough.

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

Beautiful loveliness..... I'm still on my diet so I'm living vicariously through your purchases!

Pitty said...

gorgeous colors!