Saturday, May 9, 2009

Butter Cream Cap

A wee FO to show you today. I finished a baby cap for the girl in my program who is preggers, and due this summer. The baby's sex is a surprise, so the cap is a quasi-gender neutral yellow. I saw quasi because I think the whole thing came out rather feminine looking. But so cute!


FO: Butter cream Cap
Pattern: Quick and Easy Baby Hat by Emma Waller
Yarn: about 3/4 skein Berroco Cotton Twist
Needles: US 7/ 4.5 mm bamboo dpns

Mods: As written, the pattern is knit flat and seamed. I modified the pattern to be knit in the round. I am undecided about adding the ribbon featured in the pattern. I might try out a couple different colors to see if I like it, but right now, it is staying ribbon-free. A verrrry fast knit, and a very cute result.


This yarn has a nice sheen, though the shiny strand woven in was occasionally splitty, especially on the k2togs. Great for a quick baby project or a wash cloth, but I don't think I would use this yarn for much else. I think it retails for like $4.00 a skein, and my mom got a bunch for 40% off at the LYS.

After a doctor's appointment yesterday, I did a bit of exploring, and walked to a French bakery. My test of any French bakery are the Madelines, and these were pretty awesome. I had one lemon and one raspberry. I would definitely go back, but I think there are a few more French bakeries in this area I should sample first :) The bakery is on the edge of Pacific Heights, and I walked by a bunch of lovely San Francisco Victorian homes to get there. I love these houses!




You know you have too many projects on the needles when an attempt to clean up the couch-side project bag results in the likes of this:

2 comments:

Sara said...

That hat is gorgeous, I love the gentle sheen.

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

Yeah, I need to clean out the knitting basket too. Beautiful hat!