Monday, July 28, 2008

I Keep My Tomatoes in a Big-@$$ Sack

Last Friday my boss came back from a meeting with a gigantic box of roma tomatoes. Naturally, I filled up a gallon-sized ziploc baggie to take home. I took pics but didn't upload. Hopefully tonight, the BF & I will make some spaghetti sauce. Delicious.

On Friday I also received a birthday treat in the mail from Sonny and Shear. (I ordered it, but it was from birthday money, I swear!) Gotta love that cheap shipping!

Treat #1: 4 oz. DragonFibers Merino/Bamboo Roving in "Secret Garden"
It is ridiculously soft and I can't wait to start spinning it with my beautiful spindle from Butterfly Girl Designs. I'm going to have to wait until I finish the first ball of roving that I bought way back when since I only have the one spindle. Also, I need to get better at spinning so my beautiful Secret Garden doesn't turn out looking like crap.

Treat #2: 1 skein of Oceanwind Knits Suri Silk in "Tickled"
It is sooooo soft. I want to knit myself a ski-mask with it so I can feel it on my face ALL DAY. I'm thinking maybe a beaded swallowtail shawl (rav link).

And finally, here's what I've been working on for another friend who is kicking the bucket, er, getting married. The Faux Russian Stole from A Gathering of Lace. (She is Chinese/White and he is a Russian, hence SHE will be a Faux Russian. It's only fitting.) I only have 3 weeks to finish! It's not looking good for me...
But it is looking good. My only complaint is that I can't memorize that pattern, since each repeat is 96 rows long and a billion stitches wide! Makes for some slow knitting. Good thing The Incredibles was on the Disney channel last night. ...Not that I don't own it anyways...
I've got a case of the Mondays.

No comments: