Thursday, July 17, 2008

Photo Journal

For my birthday, my blogging buddy Kristina got me several wonderful knitting related presents, all of which I love. The most beeeeautiful ones are these:

Stitch markers, which she made, after sneakily purchasing the beads in my presence! At the time, I thought it a bit out of character for her to buy pink beads, but you never know. They are absoultely beautiful and I love them enormously. I have only been able to put one to use thus far, on my WIP the Swallowtail Shawl.


The stitch markers are photographed on one of my new Kosta Boda plates. I have been obsessed with Kosta Boda and Swedish glassware in general since I went to Sweden two years ago. I love all things Scandinavian when it comes to design, textiles, architecture, and aesthetic. The glass making technique used today by Kosta Boda has been around for hundreds of years; the Kosta Boda company was founded in 1742.

No knitting pictures to post, hopefully next week. My WIP line up is:

Brooklyn Tweed's Hemlock Ring Blanket: This is a KAL with my blogmate Kristina. We are doing 5 rows per week, and at the moment, are only 4 weeks in.

The Swallowtail Shawl, in Knit Picks Gloss Lace Yarn in sterling. We shall see how much I like the yarn when its blocked. Its very easy to knit with, but I thought it would have a bit more luster.

Skrilla Knits' Brûlée Scarf, in Tiur by Dale of Norway. This knit is for a wee little three year old. I kept the original 28 stitch width, but am using a small yarn to shrink it down to kid size. Hopefully this will have a matching hat and mittens by my September deadline.

In most excellent news, Kristina and I will be reuniting this weekend as two of our best friends get married (to each other) this Saturday. I am so excited, but stressing big time about my toast! I am planning on keeping it short and sweet, as no story seems to be funny/sweet/perfect/appropriate enough to tell. I am told I will do fine, but given the sobfest I put on at the engagement party, we shall see.

We will be bringing socks on the needles to take a sock photo a la Harlot, while we are all gussied up.

Until later!

Rose

No comments: