Monday, August 18, 2008

DIY, Thy Name is Kristina

Photobucket
FO: Faux Russian Stole by Katie Nagorney and Ann Swanson (A Gathering of Lace)
Yarn: Valley Yarns 2/10 Merino Tencel in Merlot (less than 1 cone, ~1000-1200 yds. I need a scale)
Needles: Bryspun US 4 circular
June 23 - August 14, 2008, with half of it knit in the last two weeks.

I loved knitting this, right up until the last two days. Then I got way too stressed out from the deadline. =/ But the bride loved it, so it was worth it.

Rose treated me to some fabulous yarn dying on Saturday. It was crazy fun, and I am a little surprised that mine turned out so beautiful:
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
I did a lot of spinning this weekend. I needed a change from endless knitting (from the Russian). I finished about 1 oz. of my dragonfibers to get this:
It's too bad you can't see any of the green. It's all hidden inside. So far I am loving it. I want to navajo ply it, just to get the practice, but I wonder if I should just two ply it regularly to get better color interactions. Decisions, decisions...

Finally, my newest exploit in DIY: I cut my own hair. My bangs on the left side of my face are a little short (can't see them in the pic), but other than that, I think I won't look like an idiot in public. And I saved a crap-ton of money without having to switch my car insurance to Geico. Win-win right?

No comments: