Monday, August 11, 2008

Drunken Bees

FO: Drunken Bees by Domesticat

Yarn: KnitPicks Risata in Burgundy

Needles: My trusty US #2 Addi Natura's

Started 05/19/08, Finished 07/31/08

They took kind of a long time, but only because they were my travelling socks. I love this yarn. The cotton keeps the toes dry, the wool keeps them warm, and the elastic helps it rebound. And it's cheap.

This pattern is fantastic. But I really like when a pattern combines cables and lace. They look so crazy and random, but really, they are way easier to make than it looks.



And now, here is the yarn that I made last weekend:



Roving: 1 oz. samplers from Wind Rose Fiber Studios in spruce (~1 oz.), peach glow (~0.5 oz), and south pacific (~0.5 oz).

If the colors look familiar, it's because they are the leftovers from the thrummies I made a few weeks ago. I used my lovely lapis stone spindle from Butterfly Girl Designs and spun the peach glow and south pacific in stripes and then plied it with the spruce. I got two skeins that are 67 yds. each. Any ideas on what I could do with it?

I am still undecided as to whether I like the colors plied together. I REALLY loved the spruce single.

Isn't it puuuuurty?
Well, I guess I should say: WASn't it purty?