Monday, August 18, 2008

Sunny Yarn on a Foggy Weekend

Kristina and I engaged in all sorts of fiber fun this weekend. The two highlights: spinning and dyeing. As part of my birthday present to Kristina, I provided all the materials and set up for yarn dyeing. The yarn is 6 skeins Knit Picks Bare Peruvian Wool in fingering weight. The dye is 3 of each red, yellow, and orange Easter egg dye tablets. The dye packs were two for a dollar back in April after the holiday passed. We used Kathryn Ivy's very user friendly yarn dyeing tutorial. Here are our results....

Steaming:

Out of the steamer:



Hanging dry:








Kristina brought her drop spindle and some beautiful fiber, and showed me some tips to refine my spinning technique (which was very lacking). No pictures of my results yet, but here are some action shots of Kristina:



She spins from the fold, and produces fine, even singles that are currently far beyond my skill set! I love the green and pink combination, especially when they mix in the same single.



Good weekend with good friends!

No comments: