Friday, August 8, 2008

Happy Friday!

Current WIP: Brooklyn Tweed's Turn A Square Hat. I cast on yesterday afternoon and expect to cast off tonight, its a quick knit.

This is my first project involving Noro. I have to admit, I have been a bit skeptical of Noro, despite its massive fan club. I love the idea of a natural, not overly processed silk, but have never fallen in love with a Noro FO. I decided to give it a try for this hat, knowing that the grey would need the wonderful Noro colors to bring it to life. This is Noro Silk Garden color 84, ordered from Webs.

There is a bit more pink in it than I would have liked, since its for my bf, but its easy to exclude the pink given the striping pattern. I do have a bunch of pink scraps now...perhaps destined for a smaller turn a square for my sister this winter.


The grey yarn is some ball band-less lion brand wool ease from my stash. It has been at the bottom of my oldest stash tote for as long as I can remember. This project is a great stash buster, even though I bought the noro for this project, I am using stash wool ease!

Seen below, my birthday stitch markers hand crafted by Kristina in action:





In non-knitting related events, I loved the Chihuly exhibit so much that I revisited today. Below is one of the outdoor pieces, seen below in Golden Gate Park from the tower of the de Young museum. It lights up at night and is amazing.

And a forest inspired indoor piece (I never thought I would be one of those people who takes pictures in museums, but I wanted to share!) It doesn't do the piece justice, but you get the idea.


Some yummy treats I made Wednesday night...
and the parting weekend shot of Dave, the Mountain Dog:

No comments: