Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Movin' On Up

Sorry to have been gone for so long. It's been a pretty busy week: Peter and I went to Del Mar (just North of San Diego) for a work-sponsored trip to the race track. Cameras were not allowed, which is good because I forgot to bring mine. =/ We got to see my sister's dog, Charlie Bucket, a silky terrier mix. He was soooo adorable. She cuts his hair really short so he doesn't look like a lapdog. And she gave me her sewing machine!!! Exciting stuff, I must get a learn-to-sew manual.
This weekend we also moved into a different unit in our apartment complex, about 20 feet away. And we now have a roommate. There may be an adjustment period...

I did get a lot of knitting done. I knit this Harry Bear (he looks more like a Ralph to me) for my coworker's new baby. It is perfect - soft and cuddly and (minus the ribbon) totally childproof.

FO: Ralph
Pattern: Harry Bear from Berroco
Yarn: 1 full skein Bamboo from Bernat in Wicker
Needles: US 8 straights
Started August 19, 2008, Finished August 21, 2008. A quick knit!

Tonight I wound a skein of the dyed yarn that I made whilst at Rose's place. Here it is as the start of a Misty Garden scarf (from ScarfStyle): ....hm... having trouble uploading from photobucket. Check out my Rav page for pics and specs: Misty Morning.

This scarf brings my total WIP's (that I actually work on) to 4. Why do I always have 4 projects going at any given time?

No comments: