Tuesday, September 30, 2008

And the Correct Answer is:

A KIWI! Except I think I misplaced his nose-beak and I gave him ridiculous ostrich legs. Here he is in his natural habitat- a potted jade plant. This lucky little guy will be going to live with my sister in San Diego (which of course, in German....*) and then on to Virginia in a few months. I gave him bright blue eyes, for no particular reason really.
FO: Kiwi
Pattern: Crazy Kiwi Bird by Hannah Kaminsky
Yarn: Knitpicks Swish Superwash in Copper (MC), Brown Sheep Nature Spun Worsted in Sunburst Gold (CC)
Needles: US 5 dpns
Mods: I-Cord legs, embroidered eyes, misplaced nose-beak

As if that wasn't enough, another FO would like to come out to play. May I present my shiny new razor cami! This baby was so quick, it was finished in just over a week.

Pattern: Razor Cami by Katie Marcus
Yarn: Garnstudio DROPS Muskat (colorway 74 if anyone cares)
Needles: US 4 circs
Mods: didn't do CC, made I-Cord straps. If I were going to knit this again, I would bind off some stitches on the sides of the back half. As it is, the straps in the back fall really close to my arms instead of near my shoulderblades.

Here is some knitting I started on my extra long 4.5 day vacation:
First up, my airplane knitting. My snicket socks are on metal dpn's and I was scared of having them confiscated so I started a new pair with my trusty bamboo addi 2's. I may have to get some new ones. These are getting all bent out of shape and dull. More info on my Ravelry page.
Next is the beginning of a Neiman sweater. I'm in the middle of the waist increase rounds at the moment. (Again, more info & pics on my Ravelry page.) This should be good for some Heroes knitting. We've still got 4 or 5 more episodes until we're caught up to the current season. Thank goodness for DVR!
Man, it looks like I've been a busy bee. But really, this is over a few weeks including a vacation. Vacation blogging tomorrow! Forgive me if I don't include anything knitting related.
*see Anchorman with Will Ferrell for complete quote. If you don't know it, you should.

2 comments:

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

Wow - you have been so productive!! And the kiwi is very cute.

Rose said...

your neiman yarn looks glorious in color and sheen :)

that cami looks awesome on you...can't wait to see it in all its knitted glory in action!