Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor-Free Labor Day

I don't know about you guys, but I had a great weekend. First, there was a little impromptu learn-to-knit party with my pal/neighbor, Jessie. She picked it up pretty fast. ...once I gave her a pair of 6's and took back the excessively large 8's that I started to let her use. And she actually kept knitting on it like, 4 different times during the weekend, of her OWN VOLITION. BUAHAHAHAHA. (I totally did an awesome evil laugh for this very reason while we were hanging out too, btw. It was amazing.)

And I almost finished a sock in only TWO days. The knitting gods must have been smiling down on me, because that is unheard of.



WIP: Coral Socks
Pattern: Uptown Boot Socks by Jennifer L. Appleby (Favorite Socks, IWK 2003)
Yarn: KnitPicks Bare (100% Peruvian Wool), Fingering Weight, custom dyed for me by me

I am loving this pattern. It is sooooo easy. You really only have to memorize one row and the rest are all knits. Maybe that's why it's going so quickly.

Happy 4-day workweek!

No comments: