Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Improvements

Spinning improvements: Here is the latest 1 oz. batch of my dragonfibers merino/bamboo. It is way more squishy and lofty and NOT overplied than my first two attempts. So exciting. I can't wait to knit it up. ...except for the fact that all three skeins are different and the resulting fabric will probably be wacky. Maybe I will take a little twist out of the first two skeins. Any thoughts?

Home improvements: I finally made a sewing project. It's the bed-pocket from Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing. It's really a good thing that 90% of this project is hidden by a mattress. Note to self: learn to cut in a straight line. But other than that, it was a really good first sewing project. Very straightforward with good step-by-step instructions for the beginner (aka me). There was a little bobbin incident but once I got the darn thread to catch, it was smooth sailing. I really like the way this project turned out. It's the perfect place to store my glasses when I go to sleep (as opposed to the ledge of the bedframe where they inevitably fall off or I step on them trying to get out of bed). Practical and functional but still pretty in its simplicity.

2 comments:

Rose said...

your spinning is so freaking amazing! gorgeous times on billions. if that was at a lys it would be in the basket of pretty treasures that are $60 a skein. you are awesome.

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

The yarn looks fan-freaking-tastic! And, the bed pocket looks so helpful.... congrats on two great jobs!