Thursday, October 30, 2008

More yarn?

Yes, I bought more yarn. Really, do I not have enough?

...HA! As though I could have "enough" yarn. That's ridiculous.

These beauties were bought to make Peter a vest. A manly gray vest with an argyle stripe running down one side. Something along the lines of Veronik Avery's Argyle Vest mixed with Sarah Sumner-Eisenbraun's Mangyle; the idea of one argyle stripe but with Veronik's argyle shape. The green will be the main block color and the yellow will be the thin lines running through the blocks. After this last fair-isle challenge (is it sad that I think in Tim Gunn's voice?) I am fairly (pun!!!) confident in my colorwork abilities.
I would rather put this project on hold for a little while since my hands are itching to pick up something lacey, but both lace patterns I want to start require BEADS. I wonder if I'll have time this weekend to go to the bead store...

1 comment:

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

Okay, seriously.... the Tim Gunn reference made me smile and the "fairly" pun made me giggle! I can't wait to see it....